“The little things that kill you make you glad to be alive.” – C’est La Vie, Protest The Hero
Hey there! My name is Claire, I am in my mid-twenties and I spend most of my time talking utter bollocks. I’m married to The Best Man in The World (otherwise known here as the Husband), and we live at home in Birmingham with our adorable dog Lady.
I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety back in 2003 when I was only 13 after a period of self-harm and suicidal thoughts. Having bounced between therapies, medications and similar episodes and breakdowns over the years, I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder in August 2014.
It took me a very long time to accept that my mental health was something I needed help with – I’m still coming to terms with my disorder, amongst other things, but I want to use my experiences to help those who may need it. So, I decided to start this blog back in April 2015 to talk about my life with BPD along with other ramblings. I ramble a lot.
I spend most of my time writing, but I do also volunteer for a well-known organisation – something I am incredibly passionate about. I’m also taking an Access module with The Open University in preparation for taking my Psychology degree next year. My BPD makes getting and keeping a ‘normal’ job almost impossible, but that isn’t going to stop me from doing what I love and showing the world what I’m made of.
Random things about me;
- I’m a huge nerd – I met my husband playing Magic: the Gathering! We have three bookcases full of sci-fi, fantasy and horror books in our home.
- I fucking love video games. I’ve put nearly 800 hours into Final Fantasy XIV since last year…
- Last Christmas, Mark Hamill liked one of my tweets and that was awesome.
- I love trashy TV.
- I’ve been with Slimming World since last year and I love it.
- I own far too many red lipsticks…
- I still cry over the John Lewis Christmas advert with the penguin. The Husband still mocks me for it.